Department of Purchasing and Contracts
The Tennessee Board of Regents’ Purchasing and Contracts Department, under the direction of the Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, has the responsibility of managing system-wide procurements and contracts within the laws of the State of Tennessee, federal purchasing and contracting regulations, and the policies and guidelines of the Tennessee Board of Regents, ensuring that the best value as to quantity and quality are obtained for funds expended.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Bid/Proposal processes for all purchases of goods and/or services, vendor selection for bids, and analysis of quotations/proposals for all major system-wide acquisitions.
- Development/Implementation/Enforcement of new and existing policies and guidelines, state, and federal laws.
- Development of cost-saving measures, identifying waste and recommending improvement.
- Coordination/Liaison activities of the Tennessee Board of Regents’ Council of Buyers, contracts officers, business officers, providing assistance and advice to purchasing and contracts staff throughout the system.
- Coordination/Partnering of procurement/contracting opportunities with the University of Tennessee system of higher education.
- Preparation of all procurement and contracts reports for state legislators, committees, and other public officials.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any Purchasing related questions:
Angela Gregory Flynn
Director of Purchasing and Contracts
Purchasing and Contracts Coordinator
Purchasing and Contracts Administrative Assistant